In a growing industry of global crypto payments, nothing seems to be more important than a mass adoption of a wider variety of cryptocurrencies.
Currently, such commonly used cryptos like Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Ethereum are already quite well-known. However, there are many others that deserve a spot under the sun. Though the lack of utility often creates boundaries that prevent them from being viable for everyday use, for example, as a mean of payments.
It is no surprise that the lack of usability mostly applies to smaller cryptocurrencies rather than the big ones. These less known assets are often perceived more as stale commodities that rarely serve any purpose outside their own ecosystems. This might change very soon as CoinGate makes one step further towards the crypto adoption by partnering with Changelly.
Changelly is an incredibly fast cryptocurrency exchange that supports over 130 cryptocurrencies available for exchanging one to another. We are excited to call them our new exchange provider as they offer the best solutions to fill the gap between numerous crypto communities and global economies. By offering the most user-friendly way for various crypto shoppers to make payments, our partnership opens up a wide range of opportunities to both businesses and crypto enthusiasts.
Changelly enables Altcoin payments
As of now, Altcoins make up around 10-15% of total transactions per month made via CoinGate. We are happy to see the increasing numbers and strongly believe that they are going to rise even more. With Altcoins gaining traction that fast, we put our joint effort to bring even more cryptocurrencies to the masses.
Thus, our recent partnership with Changelly brings good news to the owners of 45 cryptocurrencies that are listed on Changelly exchange. From now on, you can use them as a payment option in online stores that apply CoinGate payment gateway!
In other words, 45 tokens are now accepted as a payment method across thousands of merchants online. It is a user-friendly, enjoyable experience of purchase that requires just a few clicks to finalize. We believe it will serve as a massive boost to these cryptocurrencies as their utility expands across numerous e-commerce stores worldwide.
Are you a merchant?
Altcoin owners can now spend their tokens, and that means merchants can accept them. If you, by any chance, are a merchant, you might be interested in accepting these cryptocurrencies with your business. In that case, we suggest checking our ultimate guide on how and why to accept cryptocurrencies with your business. In there, we explain how cryptocurrencies can benefit your business, as well as cover different methods how you can implement cryptocurrency payment options in your store.
A silky smooth flow for both shoppers and merchants
- Shoppers have a 15-minute window to pay with any Altcoin via Changelly;
- The exchange rate is locked at the moment of purchase so the shopper can be sure that fluctuating exchange rates will not cause any issues;
- In case an issue occurs with the payment, e.g. the shopper makes an underpayment, the refund will be sent back to the shopper automatically;
- We’ve made sure the merchant will not have any additional issues with Altcoin payments;
- The merchant is guaranteed to always the exact amount that they’re supposed to;
- Changelly support team is available 24/7 to answer all questions and solve every problem.
So, the next time you stumble across one of CoinGate’s merchants, keep in mind that you free to spend your variety of coins and make purchases in a safe, risk-free environment!
Enjoy your shopping!
Here are more articles from CoinGate that might be relevant to you:
- List of our loyal merchants
- Buy Bitcoin with Skrill in 4 easy steps
- How to Pay for a Bitcoin Invoice? Step-By-Step Guide (Updated 2019)
- Introducing ERC20 token support and first integrations
- How to pay using the Lightning Network?