Buy digital assets like Bitcoin, Litecoin and others with credit or debit card and get them straight to your wallet within the 24 hours – no registration is needed!
This step-by-step guide will walk you through the whole process of buying cryptocurrencies with either MasterCard or Visa. Your first purchase at the dedicated page will usually take up to an hour due to first-time verification procedures.
However, consecutive purchases will not require you to verify the phone number, email and, in some cases, ID again, so the process will naturally get quicker the next time.
Also, the recent update now allows saving card details as part of the Simplex checkout flow, which means that returning users only need to enter their CVV to complete a transaction!
Here’s what you need to be prepared:
- Cryptocurrency wallet, or the address of cryptocurrency you intend to buy. Available coins are:BTC / LTC / ETH / XRP / BCH / BNB / XLM / TRX / ATOM / NANO / BUSD / PAX / DASH / DAI / EOS / USDT / CEL / COTI / HBAR / HEDG / HUSD / ICX / LUNA / MIOTA / TOMO / TUSD / USDC / USDK / XAUT
- Credit or debit card;
- Mobile phone to take a selfie;
- Scanned or photographed images of your passport / national ID card (both sides) / driver’s license (both sides).
Helpful hint: If you have the option of using a debit card, there is a higher success rate that the transaction will be approved by the banks.
How to buy crypto with a credit card: a step-by-step guide
Step #1: Visit a dedicated page and do the following:
- Select the cryptocurrency you want to buy;
- Enter the purchase amount (you can choose from 19 traditional currencies);
- Provide your wallet address;
- Click Go To Checkout.
Step #2: Provide payment information
Enter your credit/debit card information, personal details and billing information. Make sure your card details match the billing address. It is also crucial that you include a correct phone number and email address as in later steps, you will receive verification codes.
Note that you will not be billed just yet – your card will be checked for the required purchase value, and you will then have to proceed to ID verification.
Step #3: Verify your credentials
You will now have to verify your email address and phone number. You only need to do it once – if you intend to make more purchases in the future, you won’t have to provide this information again.
Check your inbox for an email confirmation link, and expect a text message with a 4-digit code that you will have to enter on-screen, or a phone call if you indicated a landline number. When you confirm your email address and phone number, the red X marks will turn into check marks, and you can proceed by clicking Continue.
Step #4: Verify your identity
Now, it’s time to pass a quick KYC verification process. First, select the document you wish to upload. Depending on the country you’re in, you will be provided with several choices. Possible options: passport (double-page), national ID card (both sides), or driver’s license (both sides).
Then, click the “Choose file” button and upload the selected document.
Next up, fill in the identity document details, residential address, and click “Upload document”.
In very rare cases, you might also need to:
- 3DS – fill in a code that the bank will send to your phone to verify the transaction
- Selfie – upload a selfie while holding your credit card. You’ll see instructions on how to do that if it’s necessary.
Step 5. Hold on!
You will see a message indicating that your payment request is being processed. This will take a few minutes, and you will receive an email once your payment is approved or declined.
If all goes well, your purchased cryptocurrency will reach your wallet in approximately an hour, depending on the blockchain congestion. On very rare occasions, some payments may take up to 24 hours and more to process.
If you want to check your payment status, please enter your payment ID here.
You can also contact Simplex Support for assistance at any stage by chat on the checkout page or at Simplex Support.
Did you find this article useful? If so, take a second to subscribe to our blog so you would always stay informed of changes! All it takes is to enter your email down below. Also, don’t forget to check our Twitter once in a while where we share all the latest news. Thanks!
Here are more articles from CoinGate that might be relevant to you:
- How to set up the Toast wallet for XRP
- How to buy Bitcoin, Litecoin, XRP and other cryptos on CoinGate (2019)
- Is your Bitcoin safe? Improve security of your devices and cryptocurrency holdings
- A year in review: achievements, milestones and the future
- Accept Bitcoin payments in your business: why and how