CoinGate is a payment gateway dedicated to cryptocurrencies. With a simple integration, you can start accepting Bitcoin payments and over 50 altcoins on your WHMCS website! Read below for a step-by-step guide to our WHMCS Bitcoin module setup.
Our basic but fundamentally sound insights suggest that customers who shop on WHMCS websites for any kind of goods (hosting, domain names, VPN, IPTV, or anything else) are very likely to be technical people. It so happens that technical people are quite familiar with Bitcoin and may actually use it for payments. As a result, WHMCS and cryptocurrencies are a natural fit. Actually, over 20% of our active clients accepting Bitcoins and Altcoins are running WHMCS websites!
So, to get started, sign up for an account on CoinGate on our main website: https://coingate.com.
Then, we recommend that you immediately create API credentials. To accomplish this, either follow on-screen instructions and complete the auto-setup wizzard, or find the API tab on the menu, click Apps, then click +New App and finally click Submit.
Now, we shall go over these two steps to get the module up and running on your WHMCS website:
- Download the CoinGate Bitcoin and Altcoin Payment module for WHMCS.
- Install and configure the module in WHMCS Admin Panel.
Please note, this guide was created using WHMCS 7.3, but is also useful for installing older or upcoming versions. CoinGate Supports WHMCS 6.0+ and ensures module compatibility with newest WHMCS versions.
1. Download the CoinGate Bitcoin and Altcoin payment module for WHMCS and upload files to your WHMCS installation directory
You can always find the latest version on our website and on the WHMCS marketplace. The current version (1.0.1) is directly available here: coingate-whmcs.zip.
Download and extract the zip archive. Upload the files to your WHMCS web root.
2. Locate and install CoinGate WHMCS Bitcoin module
Login to your WHMCS Admin Panel, and navigate to Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways. Select the All Payment Gateways tab, locate and click on CoinGate.
3. Enable the module, configure API credentials and set your Receive Currency
To enable the WHMCS Bitcoin module, tick the Show on Order Form checkbox. You can type in any Display Name – we recommend mentioning both Bitcoin and Altcoins.
Then, enter your API credentials below CoinGate APP ID. If you have not yet created your API credentials, you can do this from your CoinGate account (scroll up for instructions or follow this link directly).
Environment should be Live.
Now, set the Receive Currency parameter to the currency in which you wish to receive your payouts from CoinGate.
- If you set Receive currency to BTC (Bitcoin), then verification is not needed.
- Please note, if you set it to EUR or USD, you must pass Level 2 Merchant verification before you can receive payouts (by uploading your identification, business registration and address proof documents).
Finally, click Save Changes.
Your WHMCS website is ready to accept Bitcoin and Altcoin payments. See how it works and let us know your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether you love or hate it – we want to hear it all!
Meanwhile, don’t forget to check out the benefits of Bitcoin and Altcoins for your business and our payout options by clicking the button below!
P.S.: Before you go live, you may want to do some testing, to make sure everything works nicely. For this purpose, we have a sandbox environment: https://sandbox.coingate.com. For the testing mode to work, you must create a separate account and generate API credentials on https://sandbox.coingate.com, since API credentials generated on production website will not work in the sandbox environment. To create a set of API credentials in Sandbox, either complete the auto-setup wizzard, or find the API tab on the menu, click “Apps”, and then click “+New App”.
Here are more articles from CoinGate that might be relevant to you:
- CoinGate launches Litecoin Lightning Network trial with Surfshark
- CoinGate enables native XRP payment option for merchants
- A year in review: achievements, milestones and the future
- Support open source software LibreOffice with CoinGate
- Buy video games with Bitcoin (and altcoins) for PC and consoles